Whenever I tell people about the Ear, Nose and Throat Institute, their eyes glaze over and they ask what exactly that means. There’s good reason for that. With a lack of information about ear, nose and throat specialists, many people think the urgent care or hospital is the best place to get those needs fixed. So, what is the ENT Institute and how does it compare to an urgent care or hospital?
First of all, to better understand this, we need to break the question down even further. ENT stands for ear, nose and throat. Meaning, ENT providers specialize in everything from hearing loss to sinus infections.
Here are a few reasons people might not go to a specialist:
- Some believe urgent care is cheaper.
- Many believe urgent care is faster.
- They believe urgent care provides the best care for their personal needs.
- They don’t think there are other choices.
Now that those are out of the way, let’s talk about what the ENT Institute is all about. The following is a list of what we provide and why we stand out.
Benefits of the Hearing Center:
- 2nd Opinion Clinic: Can’t get the volume right? Hearing a constant whistle? Come in for a free second opinion, even if the devices weren’t purchased from us.
- Tinnitus Management: Dr. Michael Goforth, one of our audiologists, is an expert on tinnitus and tinnitus management. Struggling with it himself, he sets out to bring relief to everyone that reaches out. He even hosts a workshop more than a few times a year.
- The Newest Technology: Collaboration with companies like Phonak and Starkey allows our Hearing Center to provide the best, most innovative technology for hearing loss.
Sleep Disorder Treatment
We treat a variety of things in the sleep department, namely sleep apnea, which is a dangerous condition where someone stops breathing for short periods of time while sleeping. This condition leads to numerous health conditions including heart disease. Our providers successfully treated many patients with sleep apnea using different methods of treatment including CPAP. Schedule a sleep study with us today!
Benefits of sleep disorder treatment at ENT:
- New Technology: We’re one of the few that provides Inspire, an alternative to the CPAP machine. The device is inserted in the body near the throat and opens up the airways at night, preventing further sleep disorders.
- At-home Sleep Study: If you’re concerned about having a sleep study at an office, don’t worry! Through us, you can actually take a sleep study in the comfort of your own home.
Atlanta is rampant with various allergens like pollen, ragweed, mold and dust. It’s a wonder any of us can step outside without issues. For many, allergy medications aren’t doing everything they could be. That’s why we provide allergy testing and immunotherapy to work toward curing people of their allergies. When avoiding allergens, like pet dander, is not an option, we’re here to help.
Benefits of allergy treatment at ENT:
- Same-day and Saturday appointments for an allergy test.
- Allergy test: Gives results in 15 minutes.
- Immunotherapy: Allergy shots can be done in the comfort of your own home. Over the course of time, patients have seen high success rates in allergy reduction.
Chronic Sinusitis Treatment
Sinus infections and chronic sinusitis can be some of the most painful conditions for people. Pressure builds up in the sinuses, leading to facial pain, headaches, fevers, and discolored mucus. For those who have more 4 or more sinus infections a year (chronic sinusitis), it can be a real problem for their daily lives. But here we have a few options for treatment including sinus surgery and balloon sinuplasty.
Benefits of chronic sinusitis treatment at ENT:
- Balloon Sinuplasty: We offer a non-invasive procedure with quick recovery and proven results. Many who received treatment see a night and day difference in their well-being.
- Finding relief: Chronic sinusitis doesn’t have to be a way of life. If your symptoms are debilitating, don’t hesitate to come in for a cure; whether that’s sinus surgery or balloon sinuplasty.
Benefits of Fyzical Therapy:
- Taking care of the athlete in your life: We offer baseline concussion screenings to monitor normal brain activity so that in the event of a concussion, we can easily diagnose it. We also have sports vision, a means to seeing better and faster for improved skill on the field.
- Improved technology: Our innovative technology allows us to find the source of dizziness and vertigo much faster.
Using the latest in testing and treatment techniques, our experienced speech therapists specialize in assisting patients with speech, communication and swallowing disorders. Our speech therapy services include:
- Diagnostic evaluation
- Treatment/speech therapy services
- Parent/family training
Benefits of speech therapy at ENT:
- Personalized care: Our speech therapists and pathologists are committed to giving people a voice; whether it’s articulation, stuttering, impaired hearing, or even issues swallowing.
- Helping the community: Our speech therapy can help anyone and everyone dealing with these problems, even those working in professional fields where the voice is a predominant tool or instrument.
The ENT Institute also covers things like acid reflux, tonsils and adenoids, as well as botox. So, what is the ENT Institute? We provide the care that you need for your ear, nose and throat issues with same-day and Saturday appointments. Just call 770-740-1860. For more information and free content, fill out the form at the top.
The Differences Between the ENT Institute and Urgent Care
We’ve all had to deal with urgent care: the long wait times, too much paperwork, and fairly less-than-enthused staff that sees a variety of ailments each day. But, did you know that 70% of urgent care visits are ear, nose and throat related? Read More
4 Things to Know About Your Insurance
One of the most complicated things that we deal with is medical insurance, yet it’s something we should be versed in. Our health and our finances are some of the most important aspects of our lives. So why does it have to be so complex? Read More
Nutrition to Prevent ENT Symptoms
Ask yourself, “Is this what I am putting into my body going to generate an output of performance once digested to conquer the rest of the day?” The 7 foods to put into your diet not only can help boost immune system productivity but also reduce the chance of acid reflux. Read More