Springtime is beautiful, but it also brings an unwanted guest, seasonal allergies. The biggest allergy trigger during the spring months is pollen. Stemming from a wide variety of trees, grasses, weeds, and molds, they release tiny grains of pollen that get swept up through the air and fertilize other plants. When faced with pollen, millions of people with allergies start to sniffle and sneeze. For people with allergies, it means the return of many uncomfortable symptoms.
Spring Allergy Symptoms:
- Runny nose
- Mucus production (Post-nasal drip)
- Itchy nose, eyes, ears, and mouth
- Nasal congestion
- Red and watery eyes
- Swelling around the eyes
How Can You Help Yourself?
- Know the pollen count in your area: Click here for a daily pollen count update!
- Try and stay indoors when pollen counts are HIGH.
- Plan outdoor time (when you can): allergies tend to be worse in the morning when plants are pollinating.
- Immunotherapy: Click here to come in for allergy testing and fix all of your allergy problems!
- Shower at the end of each day to get pollen out of your hair and skin so you don’t transfer them to your bed and pillow.
Allergies are tough, especially after the winter months when you want to be outside enjoying the gorgeous weather, but don’t worry, here at the ENT Institute, we can actually help you get rid of your allergies! Call today to make an allergy appointment, don’t waste another beautiful day inside! We want you to feel and be your best self, let our family take care of yours!