Katherine McDonnell, M.ED., CCC-SLP
Kat McDonnell joined the ENT Institute in December 2014. She holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology and a Master of Education in Communication Disorders from the University of Virginia. She is currently a licensed speech pathologist in the states of Georgia, Florida, South Carolina and Alabama and has obtained a Certificate of Clinical Competence with the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association. She is also a certified provider of the Lee Silverman Voice Technique. Prior to joining the ENT Institute, she had several years of experience in the acute, rehab and endoscopic/diagnostic setting and currently provides treatment for the following:
- Voice disorders (including endoscopy, videostroboscopy, and vocal function measurements)
- Swallowing disorders (including Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing—FEES)
- Head/neck cancer-related disorders
- Speech/language communication disorders (dysarthria, apraxia, disfluency) resulting from stroke, injury, or neurological disorders
- Cognitive Impairments
- Degenerative diseases/neurological disorders
- Specialized care for singers and actors of all ages and abilities, amateur to professional, and for other professional voice users (teachers, lawyers, public speakers, etc.)
Kat, a Virginia native, currently resides in Atlanta, GA and provides services in the Gainesville, Johns Creek, Stockbridge, Preston Ridge and Windy Hill locations. She is passionate about speech-language pathology because she enjoys helping adult patients achieve their goals and improve their quality of life for abilities that many people take for granted on a daily basis. In her free time, she enjoys traveling, working out, spending time with friends and family, and volunteering in her church and local community outreach programs.
Same Day Appointments Available!
Sign up now and one of our providers can see you within 24 hours.