Every Kid Healthy Week was created to celebrate school health and wellness achievements. This special week shines a spotlight on the great efforts schools are making to improve the health and wellness of their students and the link between nutrition, physical activity, and learning – because healthy kids are better prepared to learn!
How Can YOU Help?
- Host an Every Kid Healthy Event
- Classroom Ideas
- Food Art, Coloring Sheets & Activities, Active Learning Opportunities, and Screen-Free Week
- Schoolwide Ideas
- Health & Wellness Fair, Host a Taste Test, Healthy Carnival, and Get Your Groove On
- Cafeteria Ideas
- Recess Before Lunch, Rethink Your Drink and offer Healthy Snacks
- Playground Ideas
- Fitness Circuit Course, Walking Program, Playground Circuit Challenges or Intramural Programs
More than 7,000 schools have hosted events, and more than 3 million students, staff, family, and community members have participated in tasting new, nutritious foods at taste tests; learning health tips at school health fairs; competing in field days, running in fun runs; and much more! Every Kid Healthy Week events should promote and reinforce healthy eating, nutrition education, physical activity, and physical education.