Top 10 Reasons to Get a Hearing Test
Did you know that approximately 40 million Americans experience significant hearing loss, ranking it as the third most prevalent physical condition behind arthritis and hypertension? Hearing loss is typically gradual and many with hearing loss don’t even recognize the problem. In fact, research indicates the average person struggles with hearing loss for 8-10 years before seeking treatment. We encourage you to be proactive about your hearing health. Listed below are our top 10 reasons why you should get a hearing test:
- Hearing tests are painless and typically take less than an hour.
- Untreated hearing loss can negatively impact a person’s quality of life and is associated with numerous physical and emotional health issues including cardiovascular disease, depression, stress and social isolation.
- Untreated hearing loss has been linked to cognitive decline, memory problems and even dementia.
- Hearing loss is twice as common in those with diabetes.
- You find yourself often frustrated by having to ask others to repeat themselves.
- Untreated hearing loss can cause a significant decrease in earning power.
- Hearing loss can get worse over time and is best treated early.
- If you are experiencing persistent ringing in your ears (tinnitus) this may be an early sign of hearing loss.
- Studies show that even a mild hearing loss can increase your risk of falling.
- Because you are proactive about your health and want to live a healthy lifestyle.